urhotmess asked: How do you make the flowers for the flower crown? like specifically what material is it? Its super cool and I want to make one I just don't know what I need.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
holy shit this nail polish thing is so clever! 8O
This would be an amazing way to use up old nail polish…
Friday, April 18, 2014
imagine if girls used the same style of joke to degrade men like “cool story bro now go chop some lumber”GO CHOP SOME LUMBER
"what r u doing out of the garage go fix my car"
"Don’t you have something to fix somewhere."
My fear landscape has always been disguised as a nightmare; sometimes I just want to skip sleep.Thursday, April 17, 2014
'The Fault In Our Stars' New Scenes
50 shades of dark circles under my eyes
(Source: ratche-t)Saturday, April 12, 2014
"Please don’t expect me to always be good and kind and loving. There are times when I will be cold and thoughtless and hard to understand."-Sylvia Plath (via asdfghjkllove)
THAT THEY’RE NOT TRYING
BECAUSE HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW IF THEY’RE TRYING OR NOT
JUST BECAUSE IT DOESN’T LIVE UP TO YOUR STANDARDS DOESN’T MEAN THEY’RE NOT TRYING
"All I wanted was to receive the love I gave."-10 word story (via terrible)
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
I thought she was cosplaying as a book but diction-fairy is a million times better :D
I wonder what the folklore would be behind her.
Would she give good books to kids in exchange for bad books that she turns back into trees?
That’d be killer! :D
Appears out of nowhere to correct your grammar.
Leave an essay under your pillow and she’ll write suggestions in pretty script and colorful ink.
THIS IS WHAT RAD LITTLE GIRL LOOK LIKE.
"But…as bad as it was, I learned something about myself. That I could go through something like that and survive."-(via koriii)
i’m looking for a tumblr girlfriend to make FAMOUS! Following everyone back until I find one :)
Saturday, April 5, 2014
No matter who you are, you fucking wave at a toddler saying “bye”
i love that’s its mostly teenage boys and dads saying bye back its so cute